By default, Messages are individual sent to your phone, but you could insert another devices that would receive copies, permitting you to chat from your computers and tablets. Now’s how to manage which devices could access your Signal account.
How to see your linked devices
Signal usages your phone number to identify who you are, which means you want to register and sign in managing your smartphone to utilize the service. While you have completed that, you could pair another devices, similar an iPad or a computer successively macOS, Windows, or Linux.
You could only use one “mobile device” with Signal at a time, but then again you could link up to five another devices, such as tablets or laptops. This means that you could only have one main iPhone or Android smartphone connected to your account at somewhat one time. You would require to re-register Signal if you need to switch from Android to iPhone or the other way around.
To understanding existing paired devices or to improve more, open Signal on your chief smartphone and hit your profile icon in the top left corner of the screen. Choose “Paired devices” in the menu that seems to see all of the additional devices you have further. Push the plus or “Link new device” button to enhance added device managing a QR code.
Disable paired devices in Signal
- Your main Signal device, your prime smartphone, could be managed to unlink all associated devices. To do this, view your paired devices by selecting your profile icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Afterwards, select ” Appalinked reils “in the menu that appears.
- To unpair a device, slide your finger over it and push the“ Unpair ”button that seems. You would be prompted to approve your decision at the bottom of the screen.
- If you try to send messages by means of an distinct device, a warning would appear updating you that you must re-pair your device to resume normal usage.
- Unpairing a device would also remove the chat history on that device,
- as talks are not accepted over on newly paired devices for
- safety reasons.
The rise of secure messaging apps
Signal is part of a growing trend in protected messaging apps and possibly its closest opposing is Telegram, with the two platforms scrambling for WhatsApp refugees who have been frightened by the service’s promise to share data with the parent company Facebook. But, Telegram not continually use end-to-end encryption like Signal does.