Skype is a MICROSOFT owned telecommunication platform that is specially used for exchanging media along with video conference between andriod smartphones and ios and PC, etc. over the Internet. It is basically a video and audio, or chat application that is available for almost all devices.
- It provides both HD audio as well as video calling
- You could record your calls to treasure your memories
- You also have the option to have a personal and an exclusive conversation with your near and dear ones
- Share not only your precious moments, but you could also share your screen
- Add life to your conversations with Emojis and reactions
STEPS ON HOW TO USE THIS SKYPE APP
- Hit skype.com in your web browser, and click on ‘Download’ against the device in which you wish to use.
- Once it gets downloaded the Skype page will launch, wherein you will have to create a Microsoft account for yourself. (In case you already have an account, just go ahead and add that account here)
- Give in the necessary details, and your Skype account is created, and now you are ready to get connected across the globe.
- Once you sign in, the Skype window will appear.
- On the top-left corner, you will see your name. Click on that, and you will find the option to change your status as per wish- ‘Active, Away, Do not disturb, Invisible.’
- The Skype username is the one below your name.
- Underneath your profile, you will see the 4 most important options in ‘Chats, Calls, Contacts, and Notifications’.
- Click on the respective icon to get the list of the calls/chats, etc. that you have had on Skype.
- If you wish to create a new chat click on the Chat, and you will be presented with three options New Group Chat, New Chat, New Private Chat.
- select any one as per your requirement.
- The similar steps will follow for Calls and Contacts.
- The ‘Notifications’ option will just show you the new updates that Skype launches.
- ‘Recent Chats’ option will allow you to sort the chats based on time or the messages that are not read and so on.
- The dots section at the end of the Search bar will allow you to direct-dial any number. However, please note that this requires additional charges and is NOT THE FREE PORTION OF SKYPE.
- Skype also has a Bot, which could be of handy when you need help.
- In the Chat Box itself, you have loads of option, such as – adding files, transferring money, video messages, location, etc.
- If the person on the other side has viewed your news, a small icon beneath your message will appear that indicates that they have read your message.
- Last but not least, Skype calls are completely free anywhere in the world
- provided the other person is also a Skype user.
- However, please note that you will have to subscribe to any of the plans on Skype if you wish to use more specific applications like SMS, Voice mail, or calls to a landline, any mobile phone, or users outside Skype.
As an overview, it can be said that Skype is an exclusive app/platform that allows you to quickly and conveniently get connected with your loved ones, colleagues, or friends; distance doesn’t play a matter. Just with a click of a single button and a Microsoft account, you could get connected.