This Spotify app has given us a new UI update for desktop. But users feel this interface was not so exciting so this was the issue. Here let us see how to revert to classic Spotify desktop UI. Here we going to tell you how to change your old UI into most amazing streaming app in OS like window, macOS and linux. Have you used this update they have changed search bar on home page where you can see in left side panel.
Before by using classic old desktop UI of Spotify it will be very easy to search all the music. But in this new update it is changed you will feel difference. Let us see solution for it and How to revert to classic Spotify desktop UI
Now it will be very difficult for you to find search bar with your current desktop version. If you are new users then it will be confusing for you. If you want to use old Spotify version yes you can, for that you have to make a simple change configuration file.
Change to Spotify classic UI on window OS.
Are you a window user then this guide for you
- At first you have to open file explorer
Then go to the c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\spotify\prefs
- Next take your notepad app and open prefs file
- There add this line ui.experience_override=”classic”
Note: In file explorer you have to enable for hidden files where you can see under the option view in menu bar. By doing this it will allow you to access AppData folder.
Now the process is done you can see the search bar in top of the screen
Changing to Spotify classic UI on linux
- First you have to go to home/$USER/.config/Spotify/prefs
- There in the prefs file you have to add ui.experience_override=”classic”
How to change to Spotify older interface on mac OS
Let us see how
- At first you have to open finder
- Next you have to click on your username where you can see left side of panel
- There you can able to see all the including folders
- You have to create hidden library file shown for that you have to press command + shift + .
- Then click on library and then application support and then Spotify and then prefs
- Same like we did for linux and window that process you have to do in this also