Apple ID is a user-created login method that allows you to access the features provided by Apple, that is, Apple App, Apple Music, Cloud, iMessage, FaceTime and many more. This is used by Apple for iPhone, iPad, Mac and other Apple devices. You must log in if you want to get into iCloud, Apple’s Store from iTunes, or install an app from the Apple Store.
Sometimes, it’s common that you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password. Without Apple ID you can’t access its functions for long. Don’t worry! There is no need to be discouraged if you cannot even enter your Apple ID password as there are some simple steps you can take to retrieve it easily.
How to reset a forgotten Apple ID password?
There are several types of recovery methods for recovering a forgotten Apple ID password, depending on the type of security you choose for your login.
For iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch users
It is mandatory that your device has iOS 10 or later version to reset Apple ID Password & regain access to your account. Then follow the steps below:
- First of all, you can go to the ‘Settings’ and then
- Tap on your name > Password & Security > Change password.
- Now, follow the steps that show on your screen and enter your phone’s passcode that you use to unlock.
- Once you done it then you can update your Apple ID Password on your device.
For Mac Users
- First of all, you can go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences and then tap on the iCloud.
- Now you can choose ‘Account Details’ on the next screen.
- You can then open the ‘Security‘ tab and click on the ‘Change Password’ option.
- Now you’ll need to enter the password that you used to unlock your Mac.
- Follow the steps that appear on the screen and then easily reset your iCloud password.
Tips For Apple Users : How To Use Voicemail On Iphone
How to reset an Apple ID password if you’ve enabled two-step Verification on your device?
If you’ve enabled two-step Verification options for your account. You can easily reset the password from your Apple Mac form by following the steps below.
- First of all, visit to the Apple ID account’s website and after that click on “Forgot your Apple ID or password” option.
- You can then enter your Apple ID, and then click on Continue.
- Then, you’ll be asked to fill in your recovery key for two-step verification.
- After that, you have the option of selecting a trusted device on which you want to receive a verification code on the next screen.
- After you receive the verification code,complete it in the next step.
- Finally, you’ll be able to create your new password and then re-enter it in the next option to reset your Apple ID password.
Now you’re clear on how to reset your Apple ID password
So, don’t worry now if you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password for some reason. Now, you can follow these easy steps to reset it and regain access to your account.