Chromecast is a running device that permits you to cast contents from your phone or laptop to your TV. We have various generations of Chromecast to make the running experience more promising and better than the former one. Chromecast is great in its own methods, but sometimes we might want to optimize it for good video quality. Whenever the video quality is very poor or not up to the expectation level, you could try out few tricks to improve it.
How to Optimize Chromecast
Chromecast optimization contains few simple tricks that could be carried out within a fraction of seconds.
Use better WiFi
Whenever your video quality is poor, you have to prove whether your WiFi is working properly or not. Based on your WiFi speed and the user traffic, the video quality would vary. Sometimes the quality might break due to the poor WiFi network strength.
Since, ensure to have perfect WiFi and disconnect the distinct devices from that network to have seamless streaming.
Adjust Video Resolution
The video stuttering or browsing could be solved by reducing the resolution once casting. If you do not care about the quality, you could lower the resolution setting to reduce the buffering time. But mention, the Chromecast device is not always a issues. Try the following to reduce stuttering.
- Prove the WiFi and make sure that the signal is good and the network is not busy with several devices connected to it.
- Anytime, the source from which you are casting the video could also be a issues. For example, Chromecast 2nd gen does not support casting videos from Netflix in ultra HD resolution. In that case, you have to reduce the video resolution.
- Make sure that the Chromecast device is not so hot as it might reduce the device’s performance.
Use 5GHz Network
If you are not liked in reducing the resolution, you could use a 5GHz network for better streaming. Chromecast 2nd gen and later could work with 5GHz. Associate both the Chromecast device and casting device to the same 5GHz network to avoid video stuttering or buffering.
Adjusting Router Location
Anytime adjusting the position of the router might help. The WiFi network’s speed would become slow though the Chromecast is too far away from the router. Since, bring your router close to the Chromecast device for better signal strength.
The following are any of the other tricks that you should know then using a Chromecast.
- You could set up your phone as the Chromecast remote control with the HDMI-CEC feature.
- Chromecast permits you to link your Netflix account from the Google Home app.
- You could use Google Assitant on your smartphone to control the casting or create changes on the Chromecast device.
- Enable an Ethernet cable to the Chromecast, which would enhance the performance further. For this, you want an Ethernet Adapter.
- The Chromecast device also comes with the Guest mode to let your friends and another family members to use Chromecast without connecting to WiFi.