If you have an android mobile phone, you must have probably heard the APK file somewhere. But, do you actually know what it is? This is mainly used when you want to download files or other software, other than those that are available in Google Play Store. The full form of APK is an Android Package Kit. It is basically a file format that is usually used for the installation of other mobile apps.
Some of the features of the APK file is as listed below:
- It displays information about android smartphone display
- Many of the developers can make use of this display information
- When you download an AOK, you are basically getting an app
- Also, please be careful, as you do not want to download stolen apps.
- Sketchy APK files may also contain malware
- However, you will be able to download any filed from the internet with this app
Read More : Best Android Browser With Flash Player
STEPS ON HOW TO INSTALL APK ON ANDROID SMARTPHONES
If you wish to download APK files in your android smartphone, all you have to do is to simply follow these easy steps:
- Before starting, please make sure that your smartphone has Android version 4.0 and above. If not, please upgrade your phone to a higher version and then install the APK file
- Now, go to Settings and from the list of options, click on Security
- Then, under Device Administration, check the box that says ‘Unknown sources’
- By checking this option will allow installation of apps from sources outside the Play Store
- Click on OK in the pop-up message that appears, asking you for re-confirmation
- Next, download the file that you have received from someone or else the file that you have downloaded from the internet
- Open the Downloads app
- Search for the file that you had downloaded
- Next, open the file
- Install the app
- Now, you can use this file
Read More : Best Android Apps for Kids
APK file is indeed one of the commonly used file formats by most of the android users across the world today. It is now gaining more and more popularity among people. As there are two sides of a coin, similarly there are also some disadvantages of using an APK file in your android smartphone. You should check out for the free space on your mobile phone if you wish to download any applications.