SD Card is a miniature version of the conventional huge Hard Disk storage device SD Cards are gaining wide popularity and is in great demand for the past few decades. Millions of office people, students, scientists, etc. are using SD Card for storage of data and many confidential documents. Among these, the school as well as college students only find the SD Card very useful. It has become a part and parcel of their lives.
Many companies are making their own SD Cards nowadays. They have also become very cheap and affordable.
STEPS ON HOW TO FORMAT SD CARD ON WINDOWS 10
If you want to format your SD card on your Windows 10 and do not know how to do so, please follow the steps as given below:
- Go to your computer and go to your Home Screen
- From there, click on All Apps that you will find on the top left
- Then click on Windows System – File Explorer
- Then, tap and hold the SD card icon for around 1 second or so and then release it
- Now hit Format
- Then click on the Start button that you will find at the bottom
- Then, a pop-up message will open. Click on OK to confirm formatting
- Once the format is complete, a new message box will open, which will say ‘Format Complete’
- Here, click on OK
- Thus, this is how your SD card can be formatted on Windows 10
FORMAT A MICRO SD CARD ON WINDOWS 10 & WINDOWS 8
- Formatting permanently erases all data on the memory card. If necessary, view this video for help transferring content to your computer.
- Ensure the tablet is connected to a power source prior to performing this process. Failure to do so could result in power loss and possible damage to the memory card.
- To perform the steps below, ensure the SD/memory card is inserted.
- If your device is not running Windows 10, refer to Windows 8 for further instruction.
Read More : How to dual boot windows and linux
Some of the features of the SD Card are listed below:
- They are very cheap and affordable at a very nominal price
- They have a very high transfer speed and can make work done very quickly
- You can store large volumes of data
- They are very compact and can be inserted into your mobile phones and laptops also
- SD Cards have different storage options from which you could choose from
Read More : How to update drivers on windows 10
SD Cards have in fact been in use for almost three decades and have become so famous in all the sectors of the workplace. Their handy feature is something that drives everyone crazy. To be frank, SD Cards are targeted mainly for students who use a lot of data storage for their assignments and other stuff.
We have been using SD Cards for the past 10 decades and trust me, no other storage device can beat the features that an SD Card can provide. It is one of the versatile storage elements in the whole world. I would suggest you to keep all your important data stored in an SD Card and keep them safe.