Downloading one of the best workout apps for Android is the first step to a healthier lifestyle, and you don’t have to be inside a gym to take the advantages and help you become better in life. Many of these apps help you exercise wherever you are, with step-by-step instructions, so you can still fit a workout in while you’re staying at home. And if you have some of the gear on our best home gym equipment list, these workout apps are even easier to use.
From exercise guides and tutorials to ways to tracking your workout data, the best workout apps offer a great relief for everyone, essentially turning your phone into your personal trainer.
RunKeeper is a free fitness app that helps you keep on track your goals while you are running. It gives you a little bit of clarity in knowing where you are going. It will tell you where you are truly through your headphones or the on-board speaker on your phone if you are carrying it while you are running. What you are doing, how fast you are going the time it is taking you to get there as well as more stats as well.
RunKeeper also helps you to keep your pace and stay motivated throughout the day. It is GPS enabled, so that it can keep track of your daily routines.
- It is absolutely available at free of cost
- This app works with both android and iOS devices
- This app will also show your progress step by step
- Additionally, you could also monitor and see the weather forecasts for the day before you could go out of for the day’s daily routine
- Also, there is live tracking for all your exercises
- By analysing your fitness goals and your personal details like your age, height and weight, this app will provide you with the prescribed workouts and training plans.
Google has officially released its health and fitness app to rival Apple’s health bug. This is known as Google Fit and it is Google’s take on fitness. So, when you put up the app, you will have to go through a few prompts. Google Fit is an app that taps into the sensors on your android mobile phone to automatically detect when you are walking, running and bicycling. You can set a daily goal and watch in real-time how close you are to meeting it. You will be able to see Google Fit stats on an android phone or a tablet, as well as on the web and in an android device if you haven’t had one of those.
- Google Fit allows you to set your daily goals, so that you can get motivated into achieving it
- Here is also an option to switch between the measurement units, as per your convenience
- You could also add your weight on a daily basis
- From the ‘Add An Activity’ section, there is an option to time your workout and also the type- walking, cycling, etc.
- There is also the advantage of viewing your previous workout history in a graph form as well
Read more : Best Fitness workout Apps for iPhone
Argus is also one of the most popular and free workout apps that is available across all devices that run on android. It is basically an all-in-one fitness tracker. Argus can also monitor your sleep, heart rate, calories and much more. In Argus, you can also build your own workout chart and follow it. Argus app can also keep track of your sleep cycle and give your instant heartbeat rate.
- Argus app can be made available in a variety of regional languages and you could choose from one among them
- Argus has a very good rating and response from many users across the world
- This app’s primary feature is the pedometer, a feature that lets you keep track of the number of steps that you have walked per day
- Its goal setting feature attracts many users across the world
- Argus helps you plan according to your body conditions
Shred is yet another fitness or workout app that helps you keep fit and maintain that shape of your body. Even when you are stuck at home due to some unfavourable conditions, Shred can help you achieve your dreams of staying fit by covering a range of training styles. Shred lets you choose between different types of training — gym, bodyweight and cardio — serving up different exercise routines that push you toward meeting your goals.
- Shred offers a 7-day free trial, wherein you can try and see if the exercises best suits you. After this analysis, you can then switch over to a Shred subscription of $12.99 per month
- Apart from the usual exercise routine, Shred also creates an awesome workout plan for your body maintenance
- Lots of options and the premium version has way more features and workouts than other premium options
- Shred has also worked on many of the bugs that have been reported so far and has corrected it for the same, along with some other updates and enhancements
Read more : Best Android Browser With Flash Player
FitOn aims to be a service for exercise videos, offering a different array of video exercise classes, with varying training techniques and objectives. FitOn’s video workouts come with full voice and video instructions, and you could make use of your own mobile phone, tablet or laptop into a portable exercise guide. FitOn is a completely free service app, that showcases its entire library of exercises to every user, all year round.
- FitOn PRO has also gives you access to top premium artists and playlists on the world
- Additionally, FitOn PRO will give you personalised meal plans, keeping in mind that calories that you take in
- Similar recipes for your body’s weight and fitness are also elaborated here in this app
- This app also keeps track of your real-time heart rate
MyFitnessPal is a free calorie counting and weight management program that makes it fast and easy to track your calories and lose weight. Anyone can lose weight if they have the right tools and the right support system. Studies show that keeping the food journal doubles the weight loss, but most people believe they do not have the time to keep track of their food and exercise. MyFitnessPal has solved that problem on your computer or on your mobile phone or any android device for that matter. MyFitnessPal makes tracking your food and exercise incredibly fast and easy. The more you use MyFitnessPal, the faster it is to record your food because it remembers the food you eat and makes it incredibly easy to never miss logging a meal.
- The MyFitnessPal app shows you how fast and easy the program is
- It makes calorie tracking very simple and easy to handle
- As it initially asks for your personal details like height, weight and age and it automatically calculates your necessary BMI, etc.
- Adding food to your food diaries is also really very easy
Jefit is a mobile and web-based app that helps you create custom trainings, track your progress along with your friends and stay motivated to keep exercising. Because tracking progress and pure support are proven methods that make you more likely to stick to your training and improve. With the Jefit app, you can start personalizing a training routine out of the two thousand pre-defined trainings or create one from scratch without exercise database that contains 1300 exercises with simple demonstrations and tips.
- With the creation of a JEFIT profile, users can be able to have full access to the JEFIT Website, their profile, the forums and all other pages that will keep them notified about their updates and other such exercise and workout plans
- Routines are important for a daily workout and JEFIT gives users the option to create as many routines as possible for daily, weekly or monthly workouts
- As you keep working out and lose weight or even gain muscles, Jefit tracks your body statistics and displays them in either a bar chart form and encourage you to do more
- If you like the Jefit app and its features that are available at free of cost, you could also upgrade to a paid version, which will cost you about $4.99
- The database that is stored in your mobile device can also be sent to the web app, wherein you can keep a copy of those in your personal computers as well
Read more : Best Free VPN for Android
For an active and determined person, a fitness app is a must-have fact. If you are a person of this sort, then this app is for you. Health, Weight Loss, Diet Plan & Calorie Counter is an all in one app for your healthy lifestyle in a busy schedule – HealthifyMe. It can help you by tracking your weight, the calories that you consume in and also the amount of workout done for the day and so on. These are the reasons why people consider it as one of the best fitness apps for Android. Let’s meet the features of this app.
- HealthyfyMe includes easy to use, user-friendly interface and a personalized option to track your daily calories
- Suggests healthy foods with nutritious information along with the calorie calculator, so that you could keep a count on your calorie intake
- Provides a personal diet plan and BMI calculator, that lets you keep notified about the correct BMI for your physique
- Provides you with personalized AI-based virtual nutritionist
- HealthifyMe also provides effective suggestions and one-on-one coaching for your workout and your fitness goals
- Includes expert help facility for your gym or yoga session upon demand
BodBot Personal Trainer
BadBot app is one of the best fitness apps for Android that you can find as an advanced platform of the digital personal trainer and also workout planning. It is a must-have for people who wish to shred or gain muscle mass. For your fitness journey, it will work like a reliable and trusted advisor. This stunning app is packaged with a handful of amazing features. Let’s have a glance over them in short.
- Includes strengthening functionality for a smarter training plan
- Very easy to use with a simple approach and user-friendly also
- Provides science-based recommendation for your situation, based in your body details and supports along with the personal records
- Provides plans and workout routine for you
- Includes a well-organized planner and rearranging system for the week based missing target workout
- You can use it in the gym and a home-based exercise routine
Read more : Best Password Manager Apps for Android
If you are looking for an easy to use but effective virtual gym trainer then please head on to this app – Fitvate. It is a well-customized gym introduction app you can use on your phone. It will work perfectly as your gym instructor. You do not have to worry, even if you are a beginner. Also, it will always support and inspire you to work hard and get a tremendous result. So, just use this app and see the fastest improvement of your body and the tone it gets within a few days of efforts. The routine this app will provide you for your diet and workout plan are also very effective.
- More than 300 exercise programs are available in Fitvate
- 3 different types of workout and diet plan for beginners, intermediates, and pro workout persons
- You can choose any of the measurement units – kgs or pounds
- Sharp workout video tutorials and images are also present in this app
- Workout reminder can also be customized
- An unlimited number of fitness tips and diet plans are also available for your use and knowledge
The above mentioned best workout apps for android device are verified with the highest level of accuracy. These apps are available in the Google Play Store and can be purchased at free of cost. These apps are also very easy to use and do not have much complexity in them. Please refer to this article that will elaborately explain to you on the some of the best apps that are available for your body fitness.